Johnson Controls recently introduced Metasys® 8.0 with new system configurations, programming capabilities, and additional Information Technology (IT) features to increase productivity, reduce energy costs and enhance security. This is one of the first building automation systems (BAS) in the industry to be optimised for any mobile device.
This latest advancement in BAS improves ease of use, speeds up troubleshooting, shortens time on task, reduces risk, and supports easier integrations. Metasys 8.0 key enhancements include:
- Intuitive graphics optimised for multiple mobile devices
- Alarm management enabling alarm prioritisation (the features roll up to the tasks)
- Improved scheduling and customised trend viewing
- New reporting features making it easier to access trends, alarms, audits and scheduling data
- Space authorisation, which allows users to access the system and see only the data they need
- Added IT security with secure password management and dormant user account reporting
“The improvements are the result of over 1,000 hours of observational research with building owners and operators. Facility operators can now identify and correct problems more quickly with this new intuitive interface, as information is displayed according to the way they work. Now, the potential problem areas view provides a single interactive report to see all alarms, system overrides and offlines as well as other critical equipment information in chronological order,” said Derrick Kho, director of product and channels for controls, Building Efficiency Asia, Johnson Controls.
Metasys 8.0 builds on Metasys’ ability to maximise building owners’ investments through flexibility and scalability. The system preserves and enhances previous investments in building infrastructure, and its technology and is scalable for facilities of any size and complexity. It enables integration to a wide variety of mechanical and electrical systems, and allows for a progressive replacement of existing field controllers that are becoming obsolete.